Tuesday 4 June 2013

Chickpea Chana Masala

This was the first time I'd made a curry completely from scratch. It had never crossed my mind to embark on such a thing, as I'm not a natural cook, nor do I have much desire for cooking. Like a rebellious teenager I don't bother measuring ingredients, which almost always makes things taste pretty terrible as I found out once when I made a Thai dish and didn't measure the fish sauce.
But this time was different. I bought all ingredients fresh, and did my best measuring job for each one. The result was an absolutely amazing curry that I am very proud of. This recipe is from Post Punk Kitchen's website - a great source of vegan dishes. The only thing I changed was the amount of jalapeƱo in the dish - only a sprinkling was enough for me.

Post Punk Kitchen's Chana Masala


No comments:

Post a Comment